Friday, July 8, 2022

Sharing Stuff

 It has been years since I started this blog. It was at the time a blog with no direction. It is still that. To be honest, I kind of like it that way. I can write about whatever subject comes to mind and, given that it's a subject that holds my interest--at least for the time, it generally means that I'm pleased with the result. Many life events have taken place since that day in 2009 when I decided to make some of my thoughts public. I concurrently kept (and keep) a private journal that is often sourced for material that I think would be suitable for public consumption. 

Recent events have created a sense of urgency to get my writing out there. This isn't due to some impending calamity or premonition but a series of natural "happenings" in which my mortality was examined in detail and the desire to make a mark more relevant. I don't have children--therefore, my writings are my children. My artwork/photography to a lesser extent fits on the spectrum as well. There's not much of that. But...my writing is deeply personal. It is no exaggeration to say that writing is my absolute best therapy. 

In the coming weeks, I will embark on a new project to finish recording previous blogs (many have already been done) and create new material based on memories and expanding out to some observations on art, culture and politics. I hope to share some good stuff but I can no longer feel comfortable censoring my writing to accommodate sensibilities for fear of offending someone somewhere. I hope this is as freeing to me as I hope it to be. I do still write for myself primarily. But if someone out there happens to get something out of it, I'm gratified even if I never know about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment